Long Term Care Nurses generally work in medical facilities, convalescent homes, hospice or assisted-living centers. Long Term Care RNs need to be comfortable assessing patients, writing patient care plans, giving guidance and set up treatment schedules for the patients. A Long Term Care Registered Nurse generally oversees the work of a Licensed Practical Nurse.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Long Term Care Registered Nurse your duties include:
- Monitoring the condition and the patient's vital signs.
- Maintaining records for the facility.
- Carrying out treatment plans.
- Supervising aides and assistants as they assist patient's every day needs.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Long Term Care Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours