The southern charm in Winston Salem, NC radiates off of the locals, making it a great place to land your next contract. There is so much history that lingers here, so take a deep dive into the city you will call home the next 13 weeks. Familiarize yourself with the region by visiting a variety of museums. You'll gain a greater appreciation for the strong roots of this area.
If you prefer a little adventure in your life, take a segway or stand-up paddle-board tour with Triad ECO Adventures. You won't regret touring the city through this lens and don't worry safety training is provided. We don't want you to be a visitor of the hospital on your contract! After your tour of the city, we highly recommend visiting Ryan's Restaurant. This unique spot will leave you feeling relaxed and full!
You can't go wrong with however you choose to explore Winston Salem, but don't just take our word for it!
A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides a balance of the same elements that are found in the ICU, OR, ER department and pediatric nursing. A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse has to have excellent communication skills because they are the link between the patient, family members and the doctor. A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse must be able to think in a fast paced setting and make decisions quickly. L&D Registered Nurses help the physician and spend several hours on their feet.
As a L&D Registered Nurse some of your duties consist of:
- Assessing contractions, dilation, heart rates, etc.
- Providing follow-up duties which consist of:
- Checking the condition of the newborn.
- Checking the condition of the mother.
- Looking for signs of trouble.
- Checking for signs of infections and any other problems.
- One year of experience as a L&D Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.