West Virginia is known as "the Mountain State" and the Appalachian Mountains define the character of the land. Life in West Virginia is about mountain hikes, lazy days exploring amazing scenery and country stores on back roads. White water raft in the summer and ski from the beautiful mountain tops in the winter. West Virginia is also the place for RN to enjoy blue grass music, great food, horse racing and the opportunity to meet down to earth people.
If you crave excitement, you'll love West Virginia's whitewater adventures. The New River and Gauley Rivers are famous for their whitewater rafting with some sections rated as class V. West Virginia is a great place for outdoor fun with great hiking, camping, rock climbing, and numerous ATV trails too.
West Virginia is one of the best places in the country for exploring back roads through the mountains. You'll find incredible scenery, historic landmarks and hidden gems in country stores. And in the fall, the forests are repainted in a palette of incredible colors.
In the winter, West Virginia has five ski resorts that offer downhill skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing. Canaan Valley State Park and Blackwater Falls State Park both over miles and miles of beautiful cross country ski trails too.
No matter what the season, West Virginia has something to offer RN. So when you're ready to advance you're career, consider taking an assignment in the great state of West Virginia.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Labor and Delivery Nurse some of your responsibilities consist of:
- Making assessments of contractions, cervix for dilation, heart rates, etc.
- Providing follow-up duties which include:
- Analyzing the newborns general condition.
- Checking the condition of the mother.
- Watching for signs of trouble.
- Checking for signs of infections and any other problems.
- One year of experience as a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.