ICU RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must have the ability to make immediate and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit RNs duties consist of:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Assisting medical staff with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical devices are functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Giving necessary medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.