Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. ICU RNs must have the ability to make immediate and accurate decisions while staying composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the patient’s progress.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Assisting medical staff with procedures.
- Ensuring all medical equipment is functioning properly while taking care of the patient.
- Giving needed medication in a fast moving, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.