ICU Registered Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. ICU Nurses must have the ability to make rapid and spot on decisions while staying composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ICU Registered Nurses duties consist of:
- Evaluating the patient’s progress.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Helping medical staff with medical procedures.
- Making sure all equipment is functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Giving needed medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.