In the summer, the days seem endless. Because of it's northern lattitude, Anchorage has over 19 hours of sunlight in the summer. Most people are surprised to find that the long days fill Alaska super-sized flowers and greenery. You might even want to visit the Matanuska Valley for some fresh vegetables and see first hand just how large they grow.
As the days grow longer, Anchorage comes alive with live outdoor music and outdoor recreation in the beautiful Alaskan outdoors is on the agenda for almost every day. In Alask, the wilderness is always at your back door. This is a city where the great outdoors is more then just a way of life, and our wildlife roams free throughout the immense greenbelts that stretch through the city. You'll want to explore such icons as Mount McKinley, Lake Hood, the Chugach Mountains, and the Anchorage coastal trail. the great ski areas, and the world renowned agricultural region in the Matanuska Valley where the vegetables grow as big as our salmon, it's no wonder Anchorage Alaska draws so many visitors back to the state again and again.
In the winter, Anchorage becomes a wonderland. Skiers and snowboarders have three choices within 45 minutes of downtown Anchorage. All of them surround you in stunning scenery and awesome terrain. Opportunities are also available for the truly adventurous to head into the backcountry to ski on untouched powder. Winter also provides opportunties to see the northern lights put on a light show that that can only rarely be seen anywhere else in America. Add in dog sleeding, ice fishing, skijoring (a fast growing sport that combines cross country skiing with a dog pulling you) and Anchorage's vibrant indoors nightlife and you have a destination like no other!
RNHome HealthAnchorage, AK
ResponsibilitiesAs a Home Health Nurse your duties include:
- Assisting the patient with eating, bathing, dressing, and other areas they have difficulty with.
- Delivering medications and tracking the patient's vitals on a scheduled basis.
- Provide patients with diet and exercise plans that align with their current health status and oversee their daily improvement.
- Take the patient to and from physician appointments.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Home Health RN within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.