Calling all thrill seekers and nature lovers! West Virginia is the perfect location for your next Travel Nursing assignment. As the only state in the US to lie completely within a mountain range, there is no shortage of natural beauty in this state known for being "off the beaten path."
The many mountain ranges and rivers contained by West Virginia make it a haven for the adventurous spirit. The Traveling RN who doubles as an adrenaline junkie will find his or herself busy skiing, caving, whitewater rafting, kayaking, climbing, and mountain biking through the state.
For those who prefer a more low-key travel approach, there is much to be seen in Charleston, the state capital, including museums, art, and dining. Avampato Discovery Museum, for example, features multiple levels of interactive exhibits for adults and children alike.
Soak in gorgeous views of Blackwater Falls State Park, Monongahela National Forest, and New River Gorge National River or experience local history at Charles Town Heritage Festival. The friendly state of West Virginia will give any Traveling RN the chance to feel right at home. Call Nurses PRN to get started on your Travel Nursing contract!
Emergency Nurses assist people who are experiencing critical trauma or injuries. Emergency Nurses need to be able to immediately identify life-threatening problems while keeping calm and professional.
As an Emergency Nurse your duties consist of:
- Managing time and possessing ability to make fast, accurate assessments.
- Making sure patients are stable and managing any pain in an intense setting.
- Supplying prescribed medications while reviewing their records for allergies to prevent problems.
- Rapidly taking vitals and other samples if needed.
One year of experience as an Emergency nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support certification through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.