Wisconsin is the Badger State, but you may know it as the cheese state or the dairy capital of the US. While on your travel RN job you'll find fun and interesting things to do spring, summer, fall and winter. During the winter you can have some fun snowmobiling on their 15,000 miles of snowmobile trails, and make sure you visit Eagle River the snowmobile capital of the world. Nurses, if you love hunting there are many spots to hunt deer and turkey. During the fall, it's a great chance to grab your camera and get some beautiful pictures of the leaves changing colors. Take the scenic trip to Door County, which is especially pretty that time of year. Nurses love what Door County has to offer, especially the theaters, great dining, museums, and even lighthouses. There is so much to see!
Emergency Nurses assist people who are experiencing critical trauma or injuries. Emergency Nurses need to be able to immediately identify life-threatening problems while keeping calm and professional.
As an Emergency Nurse your duties consist of:
- Managing time and possessing ability to make fast, accurate assessments.
- Making sure patients are stable and managing any pain in an intense setting.
- Supplying prescribed medications while reviewing their records for allergies to prevent problems.
- Rapidly taking vitals and other samples if needed.
One year of experience as an Emergency nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support certification through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.