Nebraska has wide open spaces, dotted with charming towns and unique and sometimes funky attractions, to the west and Omaha, a friendly and dynamic city on the east. The number one attraction in Nebraska is the world famous Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. The Henry Doorly Zoo is considered on of the top zoos in the world. It has the world's largest indoor rainforest, the world's largest indoor desert, a saltwater aquarium with underwater walk-thru tunnel and many more exhibit areas. This is a don't miss destination.
The Omaha Zoo zoo should certainly be at the top of everyone's list of things to do in Nebraska, but there are lots of other attractions to add too. The Omaha Children's Museum is a great place to let the kids learn science. The Joslyn Art Museum has a great collection that stretches from antiquity to the present and The Strategic Air and Space Museum is one of the best in the nation. Don't miss the Lauritzen Botanical Gardens and the Fontenelle Forest Nature Center either. Ready for great restaurants and unique shops? Then an afternoon or evening at the Old Market is a must!
Most of all, Nebraska is friendly people, living in a relaxed place. It's a great place to relax and unwind while making new friends and advancing your nursing career!
ResponsibilitiesAs a Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse your duties include:
- Ensuring a safe and sterile surgical environment for patients.
- Assessing patient's condition.
- Implementing patient care plans.
- Helping physicians during procedures to make sure that medical equipment are functioning correctly.
- Monitoring the patient's condition during and after the procedure.
- Teaching the patient and their family members about ongoing needs and care of the patient to make certain they recover quickly and do so comfortably.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Cardiovascular Operating Room RN within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.