Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ICU Registered Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if the patient’s condition changes.
- Assisting doctors with procedures.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning correctly while taking care of patients.
- Giving needed medication in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit RN within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.