South Dakota is one of the top tourist destinations in the country so it's obviously a great place for RN to work and play. South Dakota has the beautiful Black Hills, gambling and history in Deadwood, Mount Rushmore, and much more. Great adventures await across South Dakota from Sioux Falls to the Black Hills.
The Black Hills are actually beautiful low mountains found in western South Dakota. You'll find Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park here. Custer State Park is one of the best places left in the U.S. to experience large herds of buffalo roaming free like they did in the days of the wild west. You won't want to miss Deadwood either. Deadwood was a lawless place during the days of the gold rush and was featured in an HBO TV series, now restored you can take your chance in Deadwood's casinos. You'll find great dining and shopping in Deadwood and the surrounding towns like Rapid City.
Sturgis South Dakota is home to the annual Sturgis Rally where about one half a million motorcycle enthusiasts get together for some serious fun. When you're ready for exploration in Sturgis, check out Wind Cave National Park where you can visit one of the longest and most complex cave systems in the world.
In the middle of the state you'll find The Badlands National Park. The Badlands have a stark beauty that is great to visit year round. You can enjoy great hiking and camping here. Then go have some fun in the always tacky Wall Drug! If you have kids and they've read the "Little House on the Prairie" stories by Laural Ingalls (or maybe you were a fan as a child), don't miss a visit to the actual Ingalls home in De Smet.
Don't miss an opportunity to take an assignment in the state of South Dakota, you're going to love it!
RNICURapid City, SD
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit Nurses responsibilities consist of:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting doctors with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical equipment is functioning correctly while caring for the patient.
- Supplying necessary medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an ICU RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.