Toledo is a desirable choice for a travel nursing contract due to its natural beauty and unique skyline along with the eclectic mix of events that go on in the city throughout the year. Situated on the banks of the Maumee River at the edge of Lake Erie and boasting unique architecture to rival any city, your camera might get some use during a contract here.
Yes, you're traveling for work, but part of the fun of a travel contract is the exploring you get to do on your time off. Toledo's Old West End is a great destination for just that. The historic neighborhood is filled with centuries-old trees and Victorian mansions. The mansions are occasionally open to be toured, and one of the most popular times to do so is during the Holiday Season, a very celebratory time in Toledo.
The Lights Before Christmas celebration is another Toledo Holiday favorite, where thousands of lights can be seen while enjoying homemade candy and baked goods and drinking hot chocolate. If you happen to be in Toledo during the warmer months, make an effort to get to the Crosby Gardens Arts Festival. Artists from all over the country bring in their work and compete. Listen to live music and have some great food and a beverage while you take it all in.
Toledo is a small enough city to welcome you when it becomes your temporary home, but it is chalk full of cultural experiences to take in. From the many restaurants and music venues to the Toledo Ballet to the Toledo Museum Art, there's a multitude of ways to get to know Toledo. Give Nurses PRN a call to hear what nursing contracts we have available!
Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit RNs must have the ability to make immediate and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
ICU Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if the patient’s condition changes.
- Helping physicians with medical procedures.
- Making sure all medical equipment is functioning properly while taking care of patients.
- Dispensing necessary medication in a fast moving, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an ICU RN within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.