Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit RNs must have the ability to make rapid and spot on decisions while staying composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
ResponsibilitiesIntensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities consist of:
- Evaluating the patient's progress.
- Taking needed steps if there are any changes in the patient's condition.
- Helping medical staff with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical equipment is functioning properly while taking care of the patient.
- Supplying needed medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours