Intensive Care Unit RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit Nurses must have the ability to make rapid and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ResponsibilitiesICU Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the patient's progress.
- Taking needed steps if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting physicians with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical equipment is functioning correctly while taking care of the patient.
- Giving necessary medication in a fast moving, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
RequirementsOne year of experience as an ICU Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Nights, 12 hours