There's no place like…Wichita, Kansas. With a population just over 390,000 people, it is the perfect mix between suburban life and Midwest charm. When you're not busy at the hospital, you'll find plenty to do to occupy your time.
If you like exploring in nature, fantastic shops and delicious restaurants this is the place for you. During your nursing contract, you must check out Botanica Wichita, you'll be in awe of the gorgeous gardens and landscape that surrounds you. Perfect place for a photo op. While you are in town, you must bring back a souvenir and there's no better spot to check out than New Market Square. This is a great outdoor mall with numerous shops and restaurants for you to try.
There is so much to Wichita, KS – time for you to explore it!
Intensive Care Unit RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. ICU Nurses must have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions while staying composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Nurses responsibilities consist of:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if the patient’s condition changes.
- Assisting medical staff with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical equipment is functioning correctly while taking care of patients.
- Dispensing needed medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.