The Cath Lab Nurse assists doctors in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac conditions. Catheterization lab nurses are responsible for preparing the patient for their examinations, and give emotional and physical support to the patient.
As a Catheterization Lab RN your responsibilities include:
- Checking the patient’s vital signs before, during and after their procedure.
- Dispensing and documenting medication.
- Providing treatment as necessary.
- Helping the doctors perform several procedures such as stent placements.
One year of experience as a Cath Lab Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.