RNCARDIAC CATHOverland Park, KS
The Cath Laboratory Tech is a healthcare professional that works in the cardiovascular field. Catheterization Laboratory Techs spend a great deal of their time in OR settings assisting doctors while performing any and all cardiovascular procedures. Because of this, Catheterization Laboratory Technicians have to be able to react properly to stressful situations, in a calm and effective manner.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Catheterization Lab Technician your duties consist of:
- Make sure the Electrocardiogram equipment is running efficiently before and during procedures.
- Checking the patient's vital signs before, during and after their procedure to ensure all safety precautions are taken.
- Read and completely understand different test results, and then also review those results with the patients and their family members.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Cath Laboratory Tech within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Overland Park, KS
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 8 hours