The Catheterization Lab Nurse assists medical staff in the analysis and treatment of cardiac problems. Cath lab nurses are responsible for preparing the patient for their examinations, and provide emotional and physical support to the patient.
As a Catheterization Lab Nurse your duties consist of:
- Checking the patient’s vitals before, during and after procedures.
- Dispensing and logging prescribed medication.
- Providing treatment when needed.
- Helping the doctors perform several procedures such as angioplasties.
One year of experience as a Cath Lab Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.