Known as the "Heart of Dixie," Alabama is the perfect place for a Travel Nurse to soak up the warm weather, gorgeous scenery, and hospitality of the South. The outdoor enthusiast can explore more than 22 state parks and famous historic trails including the Natchez Trace Parkway, Selma to Montgomery National Historic Trail, and Trail of Tears National Historic Trail.
As a traveling RN, you'll definitely want to relax in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach while soaking up the southern sunshine along miles of white sand beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. If you are a seafood lover and find yourself there in the fall, be sure to check out Gulf Shores' very own National Shrimp Festival.
For those who seek to explore the city life while on a Traveling RN assignment, Birgminham and Montgomery feature food, music, art, and culture to rival any US city. Stop at Birmingham's Splash Adventure for respite from the hot summer days.
If you think it's time to experience southern charm for yourself, call us at Nurses PRN to discuss available RN contracts. Whether it's historic hiking trails, relaxing beaches, or city life calling your name, Alabama could be the next place for you.
ICU RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must have the ability to make immediate and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
ICU RNs duties consist of:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Helping physicians with procedures.
- Making sure all equipment is functioning properly while caring for the patient.
- Administering necessary medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an ICU Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.