The OR Tech is responsible for helping surgeons in the OR. An Operating Room Tech will prepare the room and patient for surgery and make sure all medical equipment is sterile and operating correctly.
As an Allied Health Operating Room Technician your responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the health of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Anticipating and handing supplies and instruments to surgeons during surgery.
- Preserving any items needed for laboratory examinations.
One year of experience as an Operating Room Technician within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.