CARDIAC CATH TECHCARDIAC CATHColumbia, MO
The Catheterization Laboratory Technician is a healthcare professional that works in the cardiovascular field. Catheterization Lab Technicians spend most of their time in OR settings assisting doctors during any and all cardiovascular procedures. Because of this, Catheterization Laboratory Technicians have to be able to react properly to stressful situations, in a calm and effective manner.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Cath Laboratory Technician your responsibilities include:
- Make Certain the Electrocardiogram equipment is running efficiently before and during procedures.
- Monitoring the patient's vital signs before, during and after procedures to make Certain all safety precautions are taken.
- Review and completely understand different test results, and then also communicate those results with the patients and their family members.
RequirementsOne year of experience as a Catheterization Lab Technician within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
Travel or Local Contract
Days, 8 hours