The Cath Laboratory Tech is a healthcare professional that works in the cardiovascular field. Cath Laboratory Techs spend most of their time in operating rooms assisting physicians during any and all cardiovascular procedures. Because of this, Catheterization Laboratory Techs need to be able to react correctly to high-stress situations, calmly and effectively.
As a Catheterization Lab Tech your duties include:
- Make Certain the EKG equipment is running effectively before and during procedures.
- Monitoring the patient’s vitals before, during and after their procedure to make sure all safety measures are taken.
- Review and thoroughly understand different test results, and then also communicate those results with the patients and their family members.
One year of experience as a Catheterization Lab Tech within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.