The "Big Easy" is your next great adventure! Talk about checking off an awesome city on your travel nursing location bucket list. You'll immediately feel the electricity of the city.
From the culture, art, cuisine, music and incredible people you'll quickly realize why this city attracts so many. Let's put it this way, you'll need a lot more time than your 13 week contract to explore everything New Orleans has to offer, but you can definitely check a few things off your sight-seeing list! First and foremost, you need to explore the French Quarter. There is so much to do and see here. Especially, visiting the world famous Bourbon Street. You'll find live entertainment, restaurants and bars waiting for you. The true heart and soul of the city. If you're looking for something a little more peaceful and serene, check out Garden District. You'll view gorgeous historic homes surrounded by lush landscape and mature trees - relaxing stroll after your visit to Bourbon Street. You'll come ALIVE in New Orleans! Time to take the leap and lock in your next contract in NOLA.
The Medical Assistant is in charge of administrative tasks, as well as some clinical duties. Medical Assistants will have the opportunity to work with a variety of medical cases, so the ability to multitask is important.
As a Medical Assistant your duties include:
- Performing office tasks such as maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, and handling guest questions and concerns.
- Preparing the examination room, sterilizing medical equipment, and situating patients.
- Collecting specimens and performing basic laboratory tests.
One year of experience as a Medical Assistant within the past two years.
- Active Medical Assistant License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen